I began my law enforcement career with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (NCSBI) in 1987. In 2015, I retired from the NCSBI as the Deputy Director of the agency.
In 2015, I joined the Cabarrus County Sheriff’s Office to oversee the Criminal Investigation Division. This division of the Sheriff’s Office includes criminal investigations, vice/narcotics and gang investigations, sex offender enforcement, crime scene investigation and property/evidence control.
I completed my Undergraduate degree in Political Science at Elon University in 1985 and received a Master’s degree in Business Administration at Pfeiffer University in 2003. I am also a graduate of North Carolina State University’s Administrative Officers Management Program.
I currently serve on the following work groups, committees and task forces in Cabarrus County:
- Mental Health Task Force
- Human Trafficking Task Force
- Cabarrus Leading for Equity
- Mothers of Murdered Offspring
My past committee service includes the following:
- Law Enforcement Sub Committee, North Carolina State Emergency Response Committee
- North Carolina Hazardous Materials Regional Response Teams Advisory Committee
- North Carolina Public Health/Bio-Terrorism Steering Committee
- North Carolina ISAAC Fusion Center Advisory Board
- Military Service:
- 1985-1991, 2Lt, United States Army Reserves, Training Officer, 2nd Battalion, 108th Infantry Division, Platoon Leader, Military Police Detachment, 422nd Civil Affairs Company
- 1991-1995, 1Lt, United States Army Reserves, Executive Officer, Delta Company, 2nd Battalion, 108th Infantry Division